Skip to main content

First Collaboration : 5 Non Beauty Favorites; Collab with Fierce Paint

Hello and welcome again to my blog. This post may sound common but these are some of my non-beauty favourites.

Before I begin, here is a shoutout to the most admirable Indian Male Beauty Blogger that I have become friends with; Harivain the founder of Fierce Paint (https://fiercepaint.wordpress.com/). This is our first collab and I am so excited for the many more collaborations to come.

 


We had a meet-up a week ago and the few hours was not enough...and I hope I didn't bore the poor soul ( Harivain ). If you have missed out the post check out this link :  http://bigiscompatible.blogspot.my/2016/08/beauty-blogger-day-out.html .


Sorry for the delay, Hari.

So here are the 5 non-beauty favourites that make Lakshmi Happy:

1. Positive Quotes on Pinterest

I love reading positive quotes daily. I read them every morning during the traffic light stops ( has to before I get to work) and at night before I go to bed and during testing times. I believe they send out good vibes not only to myself but to the universe too. When you put out positive thoughts and vibes the universe gives you more of that. I get my daily dose of positive quotes from Pinterest.
Here are 2 of my favourite quotes :



Pictures Source : https://www.pinterest.com/pin/409898003557199651/ & https://www.pinterest.com/pin/250372060510150292/

2. Monopoly Deal 



Omg, I love love this game. I carry it along where ever I go.  Play this with CAUTION!! Here is why....super addictive, you will lose track of time once you start playing and winning the deal. A game takes no longer than 15 - 20 minutes to complete. This is what my family and I look forward to on weekends. The  Monopoly Board Game is sleeping somewhere in the book cupboard.  You got to try this at least once. I bought mine from Aeon Alma and it was on sale. 

3. Organos Green Tea from Alterni


I consume 2 - 3 cups of green tea every day and I like mine from Alterni. They retail at RM 28 per box of 30 sachets. I only use 1 tea bag a day.  I make it in a medium sized stainless steel water dispenser and have them throughout the day. Green tea is good for cleansing your system, especially after  greasy meals. This is organic and it does not keep me awake at night. Grown at the foot of the Himalayas and certified by Abtswinder Naturheilmittel as organic in line with the guidelines set by the German authority. ( This is not a sponsored products

If you are interested in knowing more about Alterni and their products visit:

4. Kinder Bueno 


Nothing gives me pleasure like biting on chocolates. I love chocolates and ice-creams. I am trying my best to eat healthily and stay away from guilty pleasures of any kind, but abstaining from chocolates is a real struggle for me. I have a very sweet tooth just like my grandma and Kinder Bueno is my favourite. I blame mummy for this hot mess, she is too kind and always wanted/wants me to have the best in everything....so she bought me a bag (hand luggage) filled with chocolates during her visits from Saudi when I was a little girl and the addiction grew stronger each day and hence all the junk in all the right places (referring to my plus-sized-self)....lol.

5. Storage Containers (Shoe Box Actually) - Daiso


I love organising and colour coding stuff, I will be honest...we are dealing with a very mild OCD here. It used to be way off the limits during my younger days...now I have selective priorities as in selective areas of the household that I exercise extreme OCDness and areas that I go slow with. Daiso offers a good variety of storage options at RM 5.30. I feel they are a bargain. Places like this have hidden treasures too. You need to know where to for it. Shopping my loves is therapeutic and personally feel I discover new things every time I do it (must say is a need basis, if you need something you will discover it). These containers can be found in majority places of my house. I use them to store toiletries, hair tools, food item in my pantry, craft & journaling stationeries and nail polishes.

They come in 2 sizes :
Small -  16cm x 18cm x 9.5cm
Big -  11cm x 29cm x 9.5cm

They come with lids and are stackable, so keep things dust free and organised is not an excuse any longer. If you too love organising just like me, check these babies out at Daiso.

So my loves, here are my 5 non-beauty favourites. Hope you enjoyed this post. What are yours? do share them with Hari and me.


Comments

  1. Instead of commenting I send a message pulak. Ignore that! Perhaps we can play that Monopoly game some day! Perhaps even with our entire group!
    -Hari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahhh
    1) I love pinterest also. When I remember, I share there all my blog picture.
    2) I love makeup but my face allergic so I stop and just use compact powder Silky white (hehe) and Serum Mawar Zeeta.
    3) I love see positive quote at instagram that giving me positive aura and how to being success person.
    4) I love watching funny video at instagram.
    5) I love reading online novel and already bought novel by online and love reading motivation books also.

    Nice to know you Miss Lakshmi ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahhh
    1) I love pinterest also. When I remember, I share there all my blog picture.
    2) I love makeup but my face allergic so I stop and just use compact powder Silky white (hehe) and Serum Mawar Zeeta.
    3) I love see positive quote at instagram that giving me positive aura and how to being success person.
    4) I love watching funny video at instagram.
    5) I love reading online novel and already bought novel by online and love reading motivation books also.

    Nice to know you Miss Lakshmi ^__^

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nesting

 Dear Readers and Friends, Is time to dust the pages of this blog again. Much needed activity now that things are so much in order in my personal life. Well I have found home in places, I once thought will never be possible again. On top of everything, I have found home in me. Cliché much, well I don't think so....haha. When you take the right amount of rebirths..many many....then you will rediscover you over and over again. Fear has subsided, wholeness has started to take form. I may have started this blog 10 years ago. A younger self who had dreams as wide as the ocean....she never equipped herself to fight the rough tides. She got hit one too many times. Ended up in an island of hope, not knowing that both land waters houses challenges. Determined, she did make the island her fort, her safe space, her sweet spot... Forgetting the ocean for dreams, never thinking of going back to the waters to continue her quest. Her blessed heart, brought her wise words from her fairy-god-mother

What is Healing? - Self Acceptance

Happy Day Wishes, Incase you decided to stop by and take glance at my blog....I thank you and welcome you to my post that was crafted during my lunch break. I have been doing a lot of research on healing and living behind past traumas and trying understand how life is going to be after you heal ( that too if you do! ). I have tried multiple ways and carried out several exercises to change my thinking, mindset, speech and how i treat people and situations that I am caught it. One minute I was a saint, the exact next minute I was Hulk - SMASH was the only word running and ruling my mind. All I could do after that is, hurl to my bed, hug my pillow over my face and scream and cry all at the same time. Have you done that ? Well, my mind as become a spacious playground and my thoughts creates chains of thoughts....No not overthinking, healthy thinking! I don't visit problems and device multiple solutions, I take a deep dive into why and how it started in the first place. That made me rea

Physical Disability is No Disability of the Mind & Will

Real People, Real Stories; Featuring Khairul  Nizam  the founder of Jamumall Sdn. Bhd. I am delighted, honored and also inspired to write about a soul that doesn't know the meaning of the word "GIVING UP" .  We tend to complain mostly about the things or environment that we are not blessed with. We tend to sideline everything good our creator, parents and many of life's teachings that we are generously given. Often, we overuse our power to procrastinate but never really fully utilize the ability to  express our gratitude for the blessings we have and received in life. I personally do procrastinate, complain and constantly debate that life is not treating me kind. I never actually realized, that I am exactly where I am today of my own doings.  If the doings are of any good, I would be able to live my life to the fullest and struggle would me nothing but a stepping stone to greater success to me. Here is an inspiring story of Mr. Khairul Nizam the fou